Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Deals!

I haven't been on a big grocery shopping trip in a long time. With the holidays, kids getting married, kids moving away for school, I just haven't had the time. I made up for it today.


I have a year's worth of breakfast for myself and I got it dirt cheap! I usually like to drink a slimfast shake every morning. Slimfast is not cheap. Although it is cheaper than a full-on breakfast, I can't eat like that. I got 60 six packs of slimfast shakes for $149. That's 41 cents a day. It is also about a 69% savings over the original price. Yeah!


Today I also got Downey fabric softner at $1.50 for a 51oz. bottle. I bought 6. The big 100 ounce bottle were on sale for $10 each. They were out of the big bottles so I got 6 50 ounce bottles for $5 each. If you bought $30 worth, you got $15 back at the register. I also had $5 in manufactures coupons and $6 in register coupons from a previous shopping trip. That turns out to be $4 for 6 bottles of fabric softner. Pretty Good huh.


My total savings today was $578.40. I spend $380.29. That is a total day's savings of 61%.

I don't shop like this everytime I go, but when there are deals on things I am using anyway, it pays to stock up while it is on sale.


For the benefit of my kids that are away, I will be posting good deals that I find in the ads on Wednesdays, both for Spokane and Provo area. Anyone wanting to benefit from my posts are welcome. I love to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment