Monday, February 2, 2009

The end of the story.

Today I went and ordered a new treadmill from a different company. I said I would not release the name of the one I have had trouble with unless they did not fix the problems. Well, they didn't. The Pro Form 8.5 which is serviced by Icon Fitness in Logan, Utah is the worst piece of equipment I have ever had the displeasure of owning.

After putting in the second circuit board that they sent me -- which took another week -- and it didn't work, I called Icon Fitness - AGAIN. After holding forever -- this should have given me a clue; their service line is always busy -- I finally talked to a human who tells me that they can send out a technician. He proceeds to give me the phone number to call him myself because it will take two more days if I ask them (Icon) to actually do their job and set up the appointment. The guy at Berube Fitness Service in Spokane was the nicest man. He checked everything out on the machine and determined that the second circuit board they sent me was indeed broken. So, back on the phone with Icon. I told them that I would like them to send me a new circuit board by overnight delivery this time. They refused. They said it wasn't in the warranty to send parts overnight. Can you believe them. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The woman I was speaking to said that she could have one call back in the next 24 hours. I told her to forget it. I said I would find every consumer report website that I could and report my experience there. She managed to have a supervisor call me right back. He confirmed what she had said and he refused to send the part overnight. It has now been 38 days since I bought the lovely piece of equipment, which has not worked at all, and they cannot spend roughly $20 to send me a working part. Customer satisfaction is not priority at this company. I had finally had it. I thanked him for his time and I am finally moving on from this.

Joe's Sports has been great through all of this. It is not their fault that the Pro Form treadmill is a piece of doo doo. They have traded me straight across for a different treadmill from a different company. I hope to be jogging soon. :P

2 comments:

  1. so, what gun are going to use to shoot the old one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not their fault that the Pro Form treadmill is a piece of doo doo.

    You are just so darn quoteable!

    ReplyDelete